Using Altium Designer with AISLER
To use AISLER with Altium Designer you will need to export your project as a Gerber-Package. Please make sure you zip your Gerber-Files.
Most important design rules to use with Altium Designer
Don't go below these design rules to get optimal results with AISLER's production.
- Min. trace width: 100 μm
- Min. trace spacing: 100 μm
- Min. pitch between traces: 140 μm
- Spacing PCB edge to trace: 200 μm
- Spacing via to via: 0.30 mm
- Spacing drill to drill: 0.15 mm
- Min. drill diameter for vias: 0.2 mm
- Min. via pad diameter: Via drill + 0.25 mm
- Min. stroke width of legend print: 100 μm
Exporting Gerber Files with Altium Designer
To properly export Gerber Files with Altium for use with AISLER, you will have to setup your NC Drill files and your Gerber setup as displayed in the screenshots below:
NC Drill Setup
Please navigate to File » Fabrication Outputs » NC Drill Files to setup NC Drill Files.
Gerber Setup Dialog
Please navigate to File » Fabrication Outputs » Gerber Files to setup Gerber Export.
Setup Drill Drawing:
Note: In this screen the Film size and Aperture Matching Tolerances are project specific, so please add the project's relevant settings here.
|Gerber Layer Name||Layer|
|project_name.toppaste.ger||Top Paste (Stencil)|
|project_name.bottompaste.ger||Bottom Paste (Stencil)|
|project_name.internalplane1.ger||Internal plane 1|
|project_name.internalplane2.ger||Internal plane 2|
Please note: Altium is known to generate a lot of other stuff in the output files, please ensure to only include the ones relevant and named above, otherwise our import will get confused. If you have sanitized the output files, upload them as a zip file.
Steps to upload your project to AISLER
- Navigate to Start new project
- Upload your Gerber zip-file (*.zip)
- Give your Project a nice name
- (optional) order a copy of your board
Steps to document your Bill-of-Materials
- Navigate to the project you want to document
- Click the 'Edit' button under the Bill-of-Materials section
- Click 'Manually add part' and assign a part
- Repeat until you have everything documented